You can now support Unity by making a gift to our Golden Eagle Annual Fund.
Click here to view and print the mailing.
Unity Lutheran Christian Elementary School is a mission project of the Southern Illinois District of the Lutheran Church Ė Missouri Synod. Our doors opened for the very first day of classes on August 19, 2003. On that day, three students were in attendance for our first two classes.
Since then, God has blessed our school in many amazing ways:
- We have added nine more classes and were up to Grade Eight and down to Pre-K3 for the 2011-12 school year. The enrollment was 187 students for 2015-16.
- We have a staff of 13 highly-qualified, mission-minded educators.
- The parents of our students have caught the vision of our school and are
excited and involved.
- Hundreds of mission-minded Christians from across the United States have
shown their support through our Belong To Jesus Scholarship Fund.
- The congregations and schools of the Southern Illinois District have provided
continual support and encouragement.
In the midst of these exciting developments, the mission to our students remains the
focus of our efforts. Godís desire for our school is that we teach the children about the love of God expressed in the life, death, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ!