About our School
Unity Lutheran Christian Elementary School is a mission project of the Southern Illinois District of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Our doors opened for the very first day of classes on August 19, 2003. On that day, three students were in attendance for our first two classes. By the end of our first year our number of students had grown to 17.
Since then, God has blessed our school in many amazing ways:
- We now have classes for Pre-K3 through Grade Eight. The enrollment is currently about 190.
- We have a staff of 13 highly-qualified, mission-minded educators.
- The parents of our students have caught the vision of our school and are excited and involved.
- Hundreds of mission-minded Christians from across the United States have shown their support through our Belong To Jesus Scholarship Fund.
- The congregations and schools of the Southern Illinois District have provided continual support and encouragement.
In the midst of these exciting developments, the mission to our students remains the focus of our efforts. God’s desire for our school is that we teach the children about the love of God expressed in the life, death, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ!
Watch our 18-minute documentary.
You can now support Unity by making a gift to our Golden Eagle Annual Fund.
Click here to view and print the mailing.